Bad habit by Charleigh Rose

by - 9:54

Title: Bad Habit
Author: Charleigh Rose
Genre: New Adult Romance
Release Date: November 16, 2017
BRIAR
I was infatuated with Asher Kelley the moment he came tumbling through my brother’s window five years ago. 
Even bruised and bloodied, he was the most beautiful boy I'd ever seen. 
We couldn't ever be together.
I was too young, and he was too untouchable. 
He was too troubled, and I was too naïve. 
But the heart is rebellious, and mine decided it didn’t care about any of those things. 
As I got older, harmless flirting turned to stolen moments in dark corners. 
Until one day, he was gone without a trace.
Now, two years later, he’s back. 
Callous and cruel. 
He’s my brother’s best friend. My parents’ worst nightmare.
I should hate him. 
But like a Bad Habit, I can’t quit him. 
ASHER
I was drawn to Briar Vale from the first time she looked up at me with stars in her big, blue eyes. 
She was just a kid, nothing but elbows and knees, but she was the most beautiful creature I'd ever seen. 
We could never be together.
I was too old and she was too off limits. 
She was too good and I was too fucked up.
Eventually, the temptation became too much to resist. 
I risked everything for a kiss and she betrayed me. 
Two years have passed and I’m forced to see her again, but now she's all grown up. 
She’s my best friend’s baby sister. My downfall. 
I hate her for what she did. 
But she's always been my drug of choice.

Review



I loved this book, it was everything I expected and more. Charleigh exceeded my expectations completely.
I have always liked the stories of forbidden relationships / enemies to lovers and that was too much. I could not stop from the first page, I literally devoured the book, it is one of those addictive stories that you can not stop even if you want. This is a journey of emotions, of pain, anguish, suffering, of hot, sexy scenes, of love, of solidarity and friendship. I loved it completely.
Already the cover and synopsis had me salivating. Then the story comes and myGod!!!, I am completely trapped.
Asher is the male protagonist for whom I am always attracted, the idiot, bad boy who makes you speed up your heart, sweat your hands, and tremble with emotion when you read it. But inside he have a side too sweet that destroys your heart because you know that he suffers, that his demons do not leave him alone and you can not help but fall at his feet. To that we add some abdominal infarcts, tattoos and piercing and you are totally hooked. But as I suffered with Asher, my poor heart melted a little each time he appeared.

Sweet, vulnerable Asher doesn’t know how to love anyone. Doesn’t know how to let anyone love him. I could’ve loved him enough for the both of us if he let me.

How could anyone not want him? He’s perfection personified. The bad boy with a good heart. I know it’s there, even if he tries his best to hide it.

Briar is the typical girl who has everything, beauty, money, and a heart of gold that always tends to help others. In this case she has been attracted to Asher since she was a child, even though she knows that their relationship could not work because Asher is her brother's best friend and she is just a 14-year-old girl. I loved how she cared about Ash and how she did not allow herself to be manipulated by anyone, nor her parents despite being very young, she is a brave girl who give everything for what she wants.
Now the chemistry and sexual tension between them is latent from the first pages and continues throughout the story. It is so palpable that you can almost touch it through the pages, boom, spontaneous combustion. It made me blush more than once. Asher and Briar are so beautiful together that I fell in love with the couple a bit.
Due to certain circumstances Asher has to leave without telling anyone and returns 3 years later much harder than he was, and hates Briar. She does not understand what is happening or because he has that attitude towards her. But the tension remains and reaches the point where despite trying to avoid it, it is inevitable to give in to the attraction they feel for the other, and those scenes, they are ufff, too hot and sexy, made me sigh and blush.

Bad habits are easy to make and impossible to break, and Asher was the worst addiction of them all. I let him crawl inside my body, and he burned me from the inside out, leaving nothing but ashes in his absence.

The plot has a stable development and twists that you never expect, but also a perfect complement, the drama element that even made me tear a little. Poor Ash suffers so much and carries so much luggage and so much guilt that it broke my heart, he suffers so much that I died a little with him, I wished on more than one occasion to be able to enter the book and embrace him.
I loved how their relationship was evolving, how it developed and how they discover in the other their complement, in the midst of anguish, attraction and desire beautiful feelings are born that although they fight against them they can not avoid them, and end up dominating them.

We’re beyond attached. She’s in my head, my fucking veins, and in whatever’s left of my heart, whether either one of us likes it or not.

The friends, I'm so excited, Dash, Adrian, Natalia, I died of love for them, always supporting and helping in what they could, and really, I really hope Charleigh gives us Adrian's story, it's so beautiful and so sweet, that he really won my heart.
Now that epilogue, I loved it completely, what an epilogue.
If you like forbidden love stories, this is perfect for you, super recommended.

Reseña


Me encantó este libro, fue todo lo que esperaba y más. Charleigh superó mis expectativas completamente.
Siempre me han gustado las historias de relaciones prohibidas/ amigos a enemigos y está fue demasiado. No pude parar desde la primera página, literalmente devoré el libro, es de esas historias adictivas que no puedes parar aunque quieras. Este es un viaje de emociones, de dolor, angustia, sufrimiento, de escenas calientes, sexys, de amor, de solidaridad y amistad. LO amé completamente.
Ya la portada y sinopsis me tenían salivando. Entonces viene la historia y Dios mío, quede completamente atrapada.
Asher es el protagonista masculino por el que siempre me siento atraída, el idiota, chico malo que te hace acelerar el corazón, sudar las manos, y temblar de emoción cuando lo lees. Pero que por dentro tiene un lado demasiado dulce que te destroza el corazón porque sabes que sufre, que sus demonios no lo dejan en paz y no puedes evitar caer rendida a sus pies. A eso agregamos unas abdominales de infarto, tatuajes y piercing y quedas totalmente enganchada. Pero como sufrí con Asher, mi pobre corazón se derritió un poco cada vez que aparecía.
Briar es la típica chica que lo tiene todo, belleza, dinero, y un corazón de oro que siempre tiende a ayudar a los demás. En este caso ella se ha sentido atraída por Asher desde muy niña, a pesar de que sabe que su relación no podría funcionar debido a que Asher es el mejor amigo de su hermano y ella es apenas una chica de 14 años. Me encantó como se preocupaba por Ash y como no se dejó manipular por nadie, ni sus padres a pesar de ser muy joven, es una chica valiente que se juega todo por lo que quiere.
Ahora la química y la tensión sexual entre ellos es latente desde las primeras páginas y continua durante toda la historia. Es tan palpable que casi lo puedes tocar a través de las páginas, boom, combustión espontánea. Me hizo sonrojar más de una vez. Asher y Briar son tan bellos juntos que me enamoré un poco de la pareja.
Debido a ciertas circunstancias Asher tiene que irse sin decirle a nadie y vuelve 3 años después mucho más duro de lo que era, y odia a Briar. Ella no entiende lo que pasa ni porque él tiene esa actitud hacia ella. Pero la tensión se mantiene y llega al punto donde a pesar de que tratan de evitarlo, es inevitable ceder a la atracción que sienten por el otro, y esas escenas, son ufff, demasiado calientes y sexys, me hicieron suspirar y sonrojar.   
La trama tiene un desarrollo estable y giros que no te esperas jamás, pero además un complemento perfecto, el elemento drama que hasta me hizo lagrimear un poco. El pobre Ash sufre tanto y carga tanto equipaje y tanta culpa que me destrozó el corazón, sufre tanto que morí un poco con él, deseé en más de una ocasión poder entrar en el libro y abrazarlo.
Amé como fue evolucionando su relación, como se fue desarrollando y como ellos descubren en el otro su complemento, en medio de la angustia, la atracción y el deseo nacen sentimientos bellos que a pesar de que luchan contra ellos no pueden evitarlos, y terminan dominándolos.
Los amigos, muero de emoción fueron tan perfectos, Dash, Adrian, Natalia, morí de amor por ellos, siempre apoyando y ayudando en lo que podían, y de verdad, de verdad espero que Charleigh nos regale la historia de Adrian, es tan bello y tan dulce, que de verdad se ganó mi corazón.
Ahora ese epílogo, lo amé completamente, que señor epílogo.
Si te gustan las historias de amor prohibido, esta es perfecta para ti, super recomendada.
 




 

The quiet snick of the front door closing alerts me to her arrival. About fucking time. I flatten myself against the wall behind her door right before she opens it then gently nudges it shut with the back of her foot. She kicks off her shoes and starts to pull her dress up to take it off. Standing with her back to me in front of the moonlit window, I can make out her brand-new curves. Her tight, round ass. The dimples on the small of her back. Her dress is just past her hips when I speak. 

“Have fun tonight?” 
Briar yelps and drops her dress back in place before spinning around. 
“I was until I had some perv spy on me for the second time in as many days.” 
“Oh, I’m the pervert?” I taunt, moving closer. She wants to back away, but she doesn’t. She stands her ground, and it only spurs me on. “Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe it was you who watched me jack off this morning.” 
I’m almost sad the lights aren’t on to see her inevitable blush. I’m standing over her tiny form, and she has to crane her neck to look up at me. 
“Momentary lapse in sanity.” She shrugs. “It’s nothing I haven’t seen before.” 
Those words kick around in my head for a second before I practically tackle her onto her bed. She lands on her back, mouth parted in shock, with her legs spread and her dress ridden up. My hips fill the spot between her thighs, and I pin her hands to the bed. 
Fuck, this was a bad idea. She smells good—sweet, like her conditioner—and she feels even better. I have to fight the urge to grind into her. 
“Nothing you haven’t seen before, huh?”
“No,” she says between clenched teeth.
“Who was it?” I demand. “Was it the little golden boy from tonight?” 
“None of your business.” 
“Tell me, Briar,” I whisper, getting closer to her ear. “Did he make you come from a kiss like I did? Does he know what you sound like as you do? Because I can still hear you. I can still see you.” 
If her sharp intake of breath didn’t let me know she was affected, the way she rocked into my jean-covered cock does. I stay stock-still, still braced above her with my hands around her wrists. 
“Does he know that I was the first one to make this little body come before you even knew how to do it yourself?” I bring her wrists closer together so I can grip them both with one hand, and I trail my index finger from her sternum all the way down to her underwear. 
A moan slips free, and her hips chase the friction once more. 
“No,” she whispers.
HOSTED BY:

You May Also Like

0 comentarios