Review Midnight blue by LJ. Shen

by - 8:04

SBPR-BT-BANNER.jpg

Midnight Blue, an all-new sexy standalone from LJ Shen is available NOW!

LJSMidnightBlueBookCover6x9_BW_324
Midnight Blue
Author: LJ Shen
Release Date: January 18th
It should have been easy.
I needed the money. He needed a babysitter to keep him from snorting himself to death.
I was cherry-picked especially for him. Responsible. Optimistic. Warm. Innocent.
The worst part is that I should have known better.
Alex Winslow. British rock star. Serial heartbreaker. Casanova with whiskey eyes.
“Don’t get near the devil in a leather jacket. He’ll chew you up and spit you out.”
Sounds familiar? That’s because it was a headline in a tabloid the second time he got arrested.
Guess what? I didn’t listen.
I signed the contract.
World tour. Three months. Four Continents. One hundred shows.
My name is Indigo Bellamy, and I sold my soul to a tattooed god.
Problem was, my soul wasn’t enough for Alex Winslow. He ended up taking my body, too.
Then he took my heart.
Then he took my all.


Debería haber sido fácil.
Necesitaba el dinero. Él necesitaba una niñera para evitar que se esnifara a si mismo hasta la muerte.
Fui elegida especialmente por él. Responsable. Optimista. Calida. Inocente.
La peor parte es que debería haberlo sabido mejor.
Alex Winslow. Estrella de rock británico. Rompecorazones en serie. Casanova con ojos de whisky.
"No te acerques al diablo con una chaqueta de cuero. Él te masticará y te escupirá ".
¿Suena familiar? Eso se debe a que fue un titular en un tabloide la segunda vez que fue arrestado.
¿Adivina qué? No escuché.
Firmé el contrato.
Gira mundial. Tres meses. Cuatro continentes. Cien espectáculos.
Mi nombre es Indigo Bellamy, y vendí mi alma a un Dios tatuado.
El problema era que mi alma no era suficiente para Alex Winslow. Él terminó tomando mi cuerpo, también.
Entonces tomó mi corazón.

Entonces tomó mi todo.


Review

My Alex. 
My little prince. 
My fallen star in the dark, dark skies.

Infinite stars for this story of love, struggle, anguish and redemption.
Since I knew about this book, I knew I had to read it, because, come on, all the stories of L.J. Shen are completely addictive, but ladies and gentlemen, Leigh ruined completely my expectations again because she gave me a story that is completely insurmountable and I dare say it will be in my top 5 of my favorite readings of the year.
Alex ruined me for the rest of characters!!!!
Midnight blue is a heartbreaking, intense, emotional, raw, anguish journey and left me with the book hangover of the year. Captured my heart and soul during the entire story.  I have been trying to write this review for several hours because it caused me so many emotions that I do not even know where to start and I know I definitely will not do it justice.
When I think of certain scenes again my heart speeds up and my throat is tight.
The story takes us through a journey in which we meet Alex, a rock star, obviously sexy, British (I can not wait to hear the accent in the audio book) just out of rehabilitation, and Indigo, our heroine, who is small, cute but super strong, and I loved her, one of my favorite female characters of all time.
Indie is hired to travel on the "Letters from the Dead" tour and be the Alex's companion of sobriety and prevent him from falling back into his vices. Of course, Alex is a difficult character and makes her life impossible, wanting she to leave. She in need of the money supports all the harassment and bullying of Alex.
Alex, is a difficult character to love, that keeps all people at a distance, sharp, rough and that kept me constantly angry with him. But, he is such a complex character and with so many layers that you can not know the real one until you manage to unravel those layers and little by little and without realizing you fall totally and completely in love with him, something that is completely inevitable, once you get to see the real Alex.
Alex had a hidden vulnerability. He was like Halloween. Scary on the outside, but when you looked within, there were good intentions there.

Indie is a brave, strong character who fights for those she loves and who inevitably falls in love with Alex. I take my hat off with her because of the way she defends all her ideals and does not let herself be harassed.
Know what the difference is between you and me, Stardust? You watch me, but I see you. And what I see is your truth. You wear your heart on your sleeve, and it bleeds into the real world.

I loved the way in which Indie and Alex were complemented, how it felt so right and so real and magical once they manage to pass the difficulties, as they are so broken but so perfect for each other.
Undoubtedly this is a complicated journey, full of betrayal, anguish, jealousy, love, but above all sexual tension throughout all history, my God the tension was so strong and palpable that it felt like an entity.
I loved Alex's friends, Alfie, Lucas and even Blake, always worried about his friend's well-being and wanting the best for him. In addition, I loved the conversations by message of Indie, Jenna and Hudson, as it was forging a friendship between them.
Leigh did her magic again, this is an epic story, with a complex plot and twists that I never saw coming, with complex characters that make you fall in love completely. It kept me totally hooked and on the edge throughout the plot, crying like crazy, laughing like a maniac, and smiling for no reason.
If you are a fan of Mrs. Shen and you liked the hotholes, let me tell you that you will fall completely and totally in love with this story.
I dare say that this is the best work of the author, a masterpiece that still has me sighing.
Really, super recommended, you will not want to miss it.
Some quotes:
“I apologize in advance.” He cocked his head to the side.
“For?”
“Ruining you for any other man on this planet.”

“Pity I can’t keep you,” he said around his cancer stick.
“Who said I want to be kept?”
He put his palm on my cheek and squeezed, a sad look in his eyes. “Who said you had a choice?”

Spanish version

Infinitas estrellas para esta historia de amor, lucha, angustia y redención.
Desde que supe de este libro, sabía que tenía que leerlo, porque, vamos, todas las historias de L.J. Shen son completamente adictivas, pero señoras y señores, Leigh arruinó totalmente mis expectativas  de nuevo porque ella me dio una historia que es completamente insuperable y me atrevo a decir que estará en mi top 5 de mis lecturas favoritas del año.
Midnight blue es un viaje desgarrador, intenso, emocional, crudo, y me dejó con la resaca literaria del año.  Capturó  mi corazón y alma a traves de todo el viaje. He estado tratando de escribir esta reseña varias horas porque me provocó tantas emociones que no se ni por donde empezar y sé que definitivamente no le haré justicia.
Cuando pienso en ciertas escenas de nuevo mi corazón se acelera y se me hace un nudo en la garganta.
La historia nos lleva a través de un viaje en el que conocemos a  Alex, una estrella de rock, obviamente sexy, británico (no puedo esperar  a escuchar el acento en el audio libro) recién salido de rehabilitación, e Indigo, nuestra heroína, que es pequeña, linda pero super fuerte, y me encantó, unos de mis personajes femeninos favoritos de todos los tiempos.
Indie es contratada para viajar en el tour “Letters from the Dead” y ser la acompañante de sobriedad de Alex y evitar que vuelva a recaer en sus vicios. Por supuesto que Alex es un personaje difícil y le hace la vida imposible, queriendo que se vaya. Ella necesitando el dinero soporta todo el acoso y el bullying de Alex.
Alex, es un personaje difícil de amar, que mantiene a todas las personas a distancia, cortante, tosco y que me mantuvo constantemente enojada con él. Pero, es un personaje tan complejo y con tantas capas que no logras conocer el verdadero hasta que logras desentrañar esas capas y poco a poco y sin darte cuenta caes total y completamente enamorada de él, algo que es completamente inevitable, una vez que llegas a ver el real   Alex.
Indie es un personaje valiente, fuerte, que lucha por los que quiere y que inevitablemente se enamora de Alex. Me quito el sombrero con ella por la forma en que defiende todos sus ideales uy no se deja acosar.
Me encantó la forma en que se complementaron Indie y Alex, como se sintió tan correcto y tan real y mágico una vez que logran pasar las dificultades, como son tan quebrados pero tan perfectos uno para el otro.
Sin lugar a dudas este es un viaje complicado, lleno de traición, angustia, celos, amor, pero sobre todo tensión sexual a lo largo de toda la historia, mi Dios la tensión era tan fuerte y palpable que se sentía como una entidad.
Me encantaron los amigos de Alex, Alfie, Lucas e incluso Blake, siempre preocupados por el bienestar de su amigo y queriendo lo mejor para él. Además, me encantaron las conversaciones por mensaje de Indie Jenna y Hudson, como se fue forjando una amistad entre ellos.
Leigh hizo su magia de nuevo, esta es una historia épica, con una trama compleja y giros que no vi venir nunca, con personajes complejos que te hacen enamorarte completamente. Me mantuvo totalmente enganchada y en el borde durante toda la trama, llorando como loca, riendo como maniaca, y sonriendo sin motivo.
Si eres un fan de la señora Shen y te gustaron los hotholes, déjenme decirles que caerás completa y totalmente enamorado de esta historia.
Me atrevo a decir que este es el mejor trabajo de la autora, una obra maestra que todavía me tiene suspirando.
De verdad, super recomendado, no querrás perdértelo.

Excerpt:

Nat’s words came back and haunted me like a bad haircut from the eighties. An irrational need to check the goods took over me. It wasn’t like he minded. According to the rumors, his dick had seen more cameras than Kendall Jenner. Slowly—so painfully slowly—my eyes drifted down his sinewy body. I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Whatever I had in mind, though, didn’t come close to the real thing. Thick, long but not atrocious. With thin veins running through its length. “Nice view?” he groaned, tucking his junk back into his briefs. His profile was glorious. Strong jaw, pouty lips, eyes like sex… My eyes snapped up when I realized he was talking to me. “I wasn’t…” “Looking? Yes, you were. Next time take a picture. It lasts longer.” He rolled his zipper upward and flushed the toilet with the toe of his boot. He turned around and squirted soap into his palm, washing his hands almost violently—rubbing between each finger and scratching his knuckles like he wanted to shed his own skin. When he was done, he looked around for a towel. I cleared my throat, scrambling to regain my wits. “Longer than the glimpse or longer than your performance?” Casually—so unbearably casually—he wiped his wet hands over my purple dress. I gasped, moving sideways. It looked like he was about to open the door and get out, but before I had the chance to yell at him for using me as a human towel, he slammed me against the wall, bracing both his arms above my head and pinning me to my spot. I let out a shriek of surprise at the sudden proximity. Alex Winslow is touching me. Willingly, my surprisingly pitiful brain squealed. Heat rolled off his body, making my back arch and my breath catch in my throat. “Let’s make one thing clear—I could fuck you to a point of numbness without even breaking a sweat if I wanted to. Now, careful, New Girl. If you don’t keep your distance from me, I think I just might.”



Read Today!
(Free in Kindle Unlimited)
Amazon Universal: http://mybook.to/MidnightBlue
Add to GoodReads: http://bit.ly/2lIShL2

About LJ Shen:
L.J. Shen is an International #1 best-selling author of Contemporary Romance and New Adult novels. She lives in Northern California with her husband, young son and chubby cat. Before she’d settled down, L.J. (who thinks referring to herself in the third person is really silly, by the way) traveled the world, and collected friends from all across the globe. Friends who’d be happy to report that she is a rubbish companion, always forgets peoples’ birthdays and never sends Christmas cards. She enjoys the simple things in life, like spending time with her family and friends, reading, HBO, Netflix and internet-stalking Stephen James. She reads between three to five books a week and firmly believes Crocs shoes and mullets should be outlawed. LJShen
Connect with LJ Shen:
Stay up to date with LJ Shen by signing up for her mailing list:

You May Also Like

0 comentarios