When sinners kneel by R. Scarlett

by - 10:54

Title: When Sinners Kneel
Series: The Blackest Gold World
Author: R. Scarlett
Genre: NA PNR
Release Date: March 8, 2018

Hell is empty, and all the devils are here.

Lex Harvey came to The Pit to find her missing friend. Someone who fights there must have the answers she’s seeking. Instead, she found him. The damage inside her matches the darkness inside him. She’s only eighteen, but the feelings she has for him are as old as time.
Beau Knight should have ruled New York. Falling in love was the beginning of his end. He watched her die and he lost his heart. Now, The Pit is his heaven and his hell. The only place he can be himself.
They’re both beyond fixing. Addicts, with desires humans couldn’t understand.
A soulless man and a souleating girl.
How do you find redemption from your demons when you are one?

Review

I’d kneel. For her, I would. I’d worship her. She’d make a sinner kneel.

5 ++++ sinners stars for this incredible journey of love, redemption, forgiveness, sexual tension, action and pain.
How to describe and do justice to this incredible story in these few lines, the truth is I cannot do it, but this book definitely entered on my top ten of all time. This story led me to a roller coaster of emotions that still cause a lump in my throat. A unique story, painful and tender.
Beau and Lex are characters with a painful past and a lot of luggage, they carry pain and suffering, and they do not feel worthy of love.

Lex is a souleater, friend of Tensley but also, we see her remember the tortures she suffered at the hands of the hunters.
Beau feels terrible guilt, and that has made him become more beast than man, a bloodthirsty beast, revenge and wrapped in darkness, because that's what he thinks he deserves.
There was nothing soft about Beau Knight. He was all hard ridges and edges and that black heart? It was pure darkness.

Lex arrives at the Pit to find out about her friend Dolores, who is missing and there she finds Beau, she begins to work there and they begin to relate, both are attracted to each other, and feel a powerful connection.
His soul sung to mine— two damaged souls aching for another to soothe our darkness.

But Beau is a toxic being, too dark and carries too much guilt with him, and Lex does not feel worthy of a demon because she is low class. But despite everything, they cannot contain the attraction they feel and soon start a relationship. Those scenes between them are just perfect, they made me sigh, blush, and  I got goosebumps when I remember them.
Alexandra Harvey was in my blood, inked into every fiber of my being, into the shell of my bones, and the longer I watched her, cloaked in the warm darkness so deceiving one could easily drown, the more I wanted to feed her my poison.

I loved the scenes between both protagonists, as they struggle not to give in to what they feel, the tension between them is almost palpable through the pages, and as the story unfolds and with the magic that the author creates through the pages, we see that both are perfect for each other, that one is the cure of the other and that together they can heal. I cried so much through some scenes, I wanted to enter the book and embrace them both and accompany them in their pain, the author with her unique prose and impeccable writing makes you feel all the feelings of the protagonists.
I wanted to tear them off and slide in deep and slow, torturing her, showing her how good I’d make her feel for days, months, years to come. I’d worship her, body and mind. She wants to heal your soul.

I also loved knowing about Tensley and Molly, and how Beau improved his relationship with his brother.
The plot is very well developed, has a perfect rhythm and keeps you hooked from the first moment. A story that makes you feel so many emotions at the same time, that keeps you entertained and on the edge of the seat, is simply a masterpiece.
If you like PRN stories, you will not want to miss this, it's a unique demon story, but it's also a story of two lost and suffering souls, who find their soul mate through pain and suffering, who find forgiveness and redemption to feel again worthy of love.
Our souls touched, Alexandra. I’m addicted to you. Not just because you’re fucking beautiful or because you’re a souleater. I’m addicted to your heart. Your love.”

 

R. Scarlett lives in a small quaint town in Southern Ontario, Canada and has an unhealthy obsession with mythology and romance. 
From studying English literature and minoring in History, she loves losing herself in a good book and snuggling up to her Brittany Spaniel. 
When she's not writing or plotting a delicious novel, she can be found hanging out with friends and family, going on long car rides, exploring small towns, or watching reruns of Sex and the City.

HOSTED BY:

You May Also Like

0 comentarios